Social media is thoroughly woven into our digital lives with 3.8 billion social media users from a global internet population of 4.5 billion users in 2020. We share our ideas, our opinions, our triumphs – even what we had for dinner on our social channels!
Uses of Social for Business
If done properly social is an excellent channel for businesses to maintain contact and consciousness of their brand with consumers in a non-invasive way. There are many ways organisations can benefit from social media marketing, including but not limited to:
- product launches and new product feature launches advertised
- invite customers and prospects to upcoming time-dependent events such as roadshows, exhibitions and live events
- endorsement by sector-specific brand champions and ambassadors to promote and endorse your products and services
- demonstrate high quality customer service through answering complaints and enquiries in a public environment
- respond to both positive and negative PR giving your side of the story
Integrating into the Digital Marketing Mix
The social platforms offer opportunities for all three elements of the digital marketing mix – owned, earned and paid. All three can be utilised as part of a blended social media strategy as well as a wider digital marketing plan:
- earned – reviews and positive posts from customers endorsing your products
- owned – regular updates to your own social media pages with news/announcements
- paid – promotion of your products, services and events through advertising
Given the amount of information we provide social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and how we categorise our interests and likes this can be used for targeted marketing. Social platforms offer a high degree of segmentation options for advertisers to target their audience and develop focused creatives and campaigns.
Our use of social media also raises interesting questions around privacy and personal data both from the commercial use of such data for advertising as well as user’s publishing of such data themselves on their social media channels.
We can help you understand how to use social platforms appropriately to build brand awareness and good consumer relations – contact us to discuss your requirements for social channel management and advertising.